http://www.mercedes-benz-arena-berlin.de is an internet service offered by Anschutz Entertainment Group Development GmbH, Mercedes-Platz 2 in 10243 Berlin, Germany (referred to herein below as the “Operator”). The data-protection practices of the Operator are in accordance with the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG, Federal Data Protection Act) as well as the Telemediengesetz (TMG, Telemedia Act). The use of the internet service provided by the Operator is subject to the following provisions serving the protection of data:
1. The Operator respects the privacy of the users of its internet service; protecting it in all their activities on the web is of utmost importance to it. This means that the Operator enters into obligation to treat the information made available by the users with the greatest care and responsibility at all times. This also, and particularly, concerns our collaboration with partners and third parties. However, the Operator will not accept any liability for third parties unless this expressly declared.
2. The Operator will collect, store and process personal data exclusively in accordance with the applicable stipulations of the law and to the extent this is required and necessary in order to fulfill the contractual relations between the Operator and the user or in order to provide the website and its features as demanded. The term “personal data” comprises all data that a user will make available on the internet service of the Operator and/or on the internet service of the ticket distribution system, insofar as such data makes it possible to deduce the identity of the respective user.
3. The Operator deploys so-called “cookies” (small data packages providing us with configuration information, such as an IP-address or a browser version) in order to improve the product it offers. However, users may deactivate the storage of cookies in their browser settings if they wish (for further information, please access the menu item “Extras – Internet options” of your browser toolbar). The cookies serve to collect statistical data in real time regarding the number of visitors to the Operator’s internet service. This is done merely by counting the number of visitors, so that the cookies do not actually collect any personal data. Whenever tickets are purchased via the Operator’s internet service, the user is automatically redirected to the website of the ticket distribution system. The cookies used on the website of the ticket distribution system will be subject to the privacy policies adopted by the corresponding website provider.
4. Plug-ins: The Operator’s internet service incorporates programs and functions (“plug-ins”) associated with the Twitter service. These functions are provided by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (referred to hereinbelow as “Twitter”). By using Twitter and the “Twitter” or “Re-Tweet” functions, the user will cause the websites visited to become linked to the user’s Twitter account, thus making these websites known to other Twitter users. This process also involves the transmission of data to Twitter.
Users are free to adjust the applicable data-protection settings of their Twitter account at any time.
The Operator’s website also uses the plug-in “google+1” (Google Plus). This plug-in is provided and operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinbelow “Google”). Whenever a user visits the Operator’s internet service – which uses this type of plug-in – the user’s browser will establish a direct connection to the servers of Google, which will cause the content of the plug-in to be transmitted to the browser; the browser will in turn incorporate said content into the internet offerings shown. In this way, the fact that the user has visited the Operator’s internet service will be communicated to Google.
Where a user is logged into Google Plus or Google via his personal user account while visiting the Operator’s internet service, Google will be able to attribute the user’s visit to the internet site to the user’s account. By interacting with plug-ins, e.g. by clicking on a button or by leaving a comment, the user will cause the corresponding information to be transmitted directly to Google, where it will be stored. Users wishing to prevent their data from being transmitted in this manner must first log out of their Google Plus or Google account before visiting the Operator’s internet service.
The Operator’s website also contains a plug-in provided by the social network Facebook. This is operated exclusively by Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (referred to hereinbelow as “Facebook”). Users are invited to consult the following link for an overview of the plug-ins: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
When users visit the Operator’s internet service – which contains a plug-in – the users’ browser will establish a direct connection to the servers of Facebook. This will cause the content of the plug-in to be transmitted to the browser, and the browser will in turn incorporate said content into the website shown. In this way, the fact that the user has visited the Operator’s internet service will be communicated to Facebook. If a user is logged into his or her personal Facebook profile account while visiting the Operator’s internet service, he or she will be able to create a link to the contents of the Operator’s internet service on his Facebook profile. In addition, Facebook will be able to attribute the user’s visit to the Operator’s internet service to the user’s Facebook profile account. By interacting with plug-ins, e.g. by clicking on the “Like” button or by leaving a comment, the user will cause the corresponding information to be transmitted to Facebook, where it will be stored.
5. The user consents to the Operator using the data collected and stored by the Operator or the ticket distribution system in order to provide the respective services. Inasmuch as the user has a user profile, the user furthermore agrees to the information provided therein, as well as the images and entries, being used by the Operator for the purpose of providing its services and being published, if appropriate.
6. Moreover, the user consents to data being forwarded to third parties insofar as this is necessary and required in order to fulfill the contractual relations in place between the Operator and the user or, respectively, in order to provide the services as demanded. Any usage above and beyond this scope, in particular by the Operator transferring or re-selling the data to third parties, is excluded.
7. Furthermore, the Operator is authorized to occasionally transmit advertisement messages to the user, until this authorization is revoked, by e-mail, post, text message, and telephone. This also includes a regular newsletter sent by e-mail. All users may revoke their declaration of consent and may do so at any time without citing their reasons, sending an e-mail to the address email@example.com. A corresponding notification will be included in every e-mail, mailing or newsletter sent.
8. Furthermore, users may object to the data collected and stored being stored and used, and may do so at any time without citing their reasons. In such event, and also if in the case of any questions, suggestions or needs, please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, this could lead to the Operator no longer being able to fulfill its contractual tasks, or to being able to provide the corresponding services. In such event, any liability on the part of the Operator or the lodgment of claims to compensation of damages is excluded.