general terms and conditions
General Ticketing Terms and Conditions (GTTC)
1. Ticket ordering
Tickets for the events organised by Hockenheim-Ring GmbH can be ordered only from Hockenheim-Ring GmbH or its authorised booking offices. By sending in order documentation by whatever means (by post, fax, e-mail, online request) the customer receives no contract offer, but only a request to make their own contract offer (order). The customer has no right to acceptance of his offer. Hockenheim-Ring GmbH may therefore reject the contract offer without having to state any reasons. The contract comes into effect on payment for the ordered tickets.
2. Payment methods
Orders are always subject to pre-payment (direct debit / bank transfer / debit card / credit card / cash). In the event of insufficient credit card or account coverage, Hockenheim-Ring GmbH is entitled to cancel the order without corresponding notification or to block the bar code on the tickets. Hockenheim-Ring GmbH expressly reserves the right to claim compensation for damages in such cases. Varying conditions may be specified by the booking offices authorised by Hockenheim-Ring GmbH.
3. Ticket dispatch
Ordered tickets will only be dispatched on receipt of payment. Tickets are dispatched at the cost and risk of the customer, except in the case of deliberate or gross negligence on the part of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH or its agents. The selection of the carrier will be made by Hockenheim-Ring GmbH.
The purchaser is obliged to check the tickets on receipt for correctness with regard to the event concerned, date, number and price of the tickets. Due to the time restrictions in the event business, complaints relating to faulty tickets must be made immediately (within three working days) following receipt of the tickets by the customer in writing by e-mail, fax or post to the contact addresses specified under Item 9. The definitive date for the observation of the complaint deadline is the date of the postmark or transmission report. Hockenheim-Ring GmbH has no obligation to accept return of the tickets after expiry of the complaint deadline.
5. Return/refund of tickets
The customer is not entitled to return tickets. In the case of services in the area of leisure facilities with a fixed performance time, in particular the sale of entrance tickets for events, this is not considered as distance sales business in the sense of § 312 b Para. 3 No. 6 BGB (German Civil Code), so that there is no right of cancellation or return following conclusion of the contract. In the case of rescheduling or postponement of an event, and particularly if the date of the event was not definitively scheduled at the time of ordering tickets, the customer has no right to refund of the ticket price. If an ongoing event is interrupted and not restaged, the customer also has no claim to refund of the ticket price. This does not apply if Hockenheim-Ring GmbH is culpable for such interruption or cancellation. If an event is restaged, the tickets remain valid, and must therefore be retained. If an event is cancelled, the ticket holder will be refunded the ticket price on return of the original ticket to the booking office where the ticket was purchased. Processing and dispatch charges will not be refunded.
6. Transfer/resale of tickets
The ticket holder is not allowed
a) to offer for sale tickets bought at auctions (in particular online, e.g. at eBay);
b) to resell tickets on a commercial basis without the express prior written agreement of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH;
c) to resell tickets privately at a higher price than that stated on the ticket;
d) to resell or transfer tickets to persons who have been banned from the event;
e) to resell or use tickets for the purposes of advertising, marketing, as a bonus, advertising gift, incentive or as part of an unauthorised hospitality or travel package without the express prior written agreement of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH.
If a ticket is used for any of the above impermissible purposes, or if a ticket holder contravenes these GTTC in any other way, the ticket becomes invalid. Hockenheim-Ring GmbH is in this case entitled to block the seat and refuse the ticket holder entry to the grandstands without further compensation. Hockenheim-Ring GmbH also reserves the right to bar persons who contravene these prohibitions from purchasing tickets in future, to ban them from events and/or to institute further civil and/or criminal proceedings.
7. Spectator rules
• Every spectator must be in possession of a valid ticket; this entitles the spectator only to access to the area specified on the ticket. Entering the event site without a valid entry ticket will result in prosecution. Spectators with discount tickets have to verify their entitlement to reduction at the entrance. Print@home – tickets must be scanned at the entrance.
• Voided tickets are valid only in conjunction with proof of checkpoint verification (exit ticket, bracelet or similar). You will be able to regain access to your seat only by furnishing the original ticket and proof of checkpoint verification. Please show them at the checkpoints without being asked.
• No replacement will be issued for lost or stolen tickets. It is not possible to return the ticket. The ticket maintains its validity even if the event has to be rescheduled due to reasons the organiser/promoter cannot be held responsible for. There is no claim to refund if the event is cancelled (e.g. due to the weather).
• Please keep the entrances and exits of the grandstands free; if you need assistance, you too expect that the medical services will be able to reach you easily.
• Spectators are not allowed to bring bulky objects (e.g. crates of drinks, camera tripods, strollers, folding chairs, cool bags, trekking backpacks), glass containers, pyrotechnic devices, drugs, weapons, drones or animals to events.
• The erection of tents or marquees and the parking of caravans or mobile homes are allowed only on the areas specially set aside for this purpose. Please park your vehicle on the designated parking areas and follow the instructions of the stewards or police; normal road traffic regulations also apply at Hockenheim.
• Naked flames and the ignition of rockets or other fireworks are strictly prohibited. These are extremely dangerous both to you and other spectators.
• Please follow the instructions of the organiser/promoter, control personnel and the stewards; they contribute to the success of the event in your interest as well.
• Entrance to areas not expressly intended for spectators (e.g. the race-course, rescue routes and prohibited areas) is prohibited. You thereby not only endanger yourself and other spectators, but also render yourself liable to prosecution for trespass.
• Please help to preserve our environment. If you want to dispose of any rubbish, please use the receptacles provided.
• Hockenheim-Ring GmbH accepts no liability for personal and material damages, unless this is caused by deliberate or gross neglect of obligations. This also applies to hearing damage caused by the high noise levels generated by engine noise and the like. Please ensure adequate hearing protection - especially with children!
• Photography and filming at the Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg is allowed only for private purposes and press purposes. Any form of commercial use of such image material is prohibited, and requires the written approval of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH. Contravention will result in claims for compensation for damages by Hockenheim-Ring GmbH. The house rules of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH apply. Photography and filming is generally allowed only from the grandstands, and for designated events also in the drivers’ camp. Persons obtaining access to the inner area of the course without a valid employee pass, accreditation pass or written approval of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH will be removed from the area, and will be responsible for the legal consequences. At major events, photography from the grandstands using SLR cameras with zoom lenses of any type is prohibited. The use of camera tripods of any type on the grandstands is also prohibited. The only exemptions to this rule are press photographers accredited for the relevant event who can identify themselves by means of a valid event press pass, or persons with corresponding written permission from Hockenheim-Ring GmbH. Applications for such approvals (commercial use) can be made by post to Hockenheim-Ring GmbH, code word: Photo rights, PO Box 1106, 68754 Hockenheim or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The holder of the ticket agrees that without remuneration by the event organiser, video and/or audio recordings of him may be made, duplicated, transmitted or used in audio-visual media during the course of the event. This agreement is not subject to time or geographical restrictions.
8. Data processing/data protection
All personal data provided by the customer will be processed by Hockenheim-Ring GmbH only in accordance with the data protection regulations applicable to the contract. Such data, and in particular names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, bank details etc. will be recorded, processed and used by Hockenheim-Ring GmbH in automated processes to the extent required for the establishment or amendment of the contractual relationship. Hockenheim-Ring GmbH is entitled to disclose such data to third parties commissioned with the performance of the purchase contract, to the extent required for the fulfilment of the contract.
Ticket orders or enquiries relating to ticket sales can be directed to Hockenheim-Ring GmbH via the following contacts: Hockenheim-Ring GmbH, Ticketing Department, Am Motodrom, 68766 Hockenheim, Telephone: +49 (0)6205-950 222, Fax: +49 (0)6205-950 299, E-mail: email@example.com
10. Place of fulfilment/jurisdiction
The sole place of fulfilment for deliveries and services is the registered office of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH. If the contract partner is a commercial entity in the sense of the HGB (German Commercial Code), a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law, or if he has no general place of jurisdiction in Germany, or if his usual place of residence is unknown at the time of bringing an action, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with the contractual relationship is the registered office of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH. In the case of cross-border contracts, the agreed sole place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with the contractual relationship is also the registered office of Hockenheim-Ring GmbH.
11. Concluding conditions
If any individual points of these GTTC prove to be or become invalid or unfeasible, in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the contract as a whole or the remaining conditions. This contract is subject exclusively to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany.